I understand that Breathwork utilizes therapeutic conversation, dynamic breath, essential oils, guided meditation, laying on of hands, and music, and may result in intense emotional release and strong physical experiences. Because this process may trigger an emotional reaction, I understand that any issues arising from my voluntary participation in Breathwork may require additional therapeutic support. I understand that Breathwork is designed to enhance the overall quality of life and is in no way a substitute for psychotherapy.
I understand breathwork is not advised for the following persons:
- History of cardiovascular disease, including angina or heart attack, high blood pressure, glaucoma, retinal detachment, osteoporosis.
- Significant recent physical injuries or surgery.
- Persons with severe mental illness, seizure disorders or for persons using major medications.
- Anyone with a personal or family history of aneurysms.
- Pregnant women are advised against practicing without first getting approval from their doctor.
- Persons with asthma should bring their inhaler and consult with their doctor and the class facilitator.
I hereby affirm that I am in good health and able to participate in this activity. I do not have any physical or mental conditions which would impair my ability to engage in this activity or would endanger my health during this Breathwork activity, or would cause any risk or harm to myself or other participants. I understand that Breathwork is not medically supervised. If I have any questions or concerns about whether or not a particular activity is appropriate to my current health status, I understand it is my responsibility to ask my doctor before I participate in such activity. Please note that it is inappropriate to use recreational drugs prior to, or during breathwork.